Happy 2017 and Happy Get Organized Month to you!
Most of us start a new year with great intentions. We’re going to get healthier in every possible way: physically, financially, you name it. But before you know it, our daily tasks start to pile up, we fall back into our poor habits, and we end up tossing all those resolutions and good intentions.
But this year can be different—starting this very week. After all, we are still at the beginning of Get Organized Month. There’s simply no better time to get your life in order! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Contain clutter. Focus on one area each week of this month (and who knows, maybe inspiration will strike! You can focus on a new area every week, even after Get Organized Month ends!). Take on your desk; your filing cabinet; your email inbox; your closet; your garage; your junk drawer; or your pantry. Take small steps! Actually, you can even benefit from small bits of time. Try clearing out one shelf or one drawer. Every day you make progress is a great day!
- Consider projects that you’ve put off. Do you need to set up a family trust (or update your will)? When’s the last time you balanced your checkbook? Have you planned to set up a household budget, but you never seem to get around to it? Set aside some time and attack that project. The sense of accomplishment you’ll feel will be more than worth the work!
- Toss the trash. If your to-shred pile is monumental, wait no more: start shredding! Or if your wardrobe mainly comprises clothes you hope you’ll fit into again someday, consider getting rid of those old duds. When’s the last time you did a sweep of the refrigerator and tossed outdated condiments? Go through your home and office (heck, go through your car, too!) and clear out the debris.
- Make appointments. You know what we mean: your annual physical, a dental cleaning, a sit-down with your financial advisor—all those appointments that you know are good for you, but can be tough to squeeze in.
- Make sure you’re secure. When’s the last time you reviewed your insurance policies and made sure they provide the security you need? We’re talking health insurance, life insurance, homeowners (what about flood or earthquake policies?), any insurance policy that you pay premiums on. As your life changes, your insurance needs change, too. If you haven’t reviewed or updated your policies in a while, now’s the time. And if you need someone to sit down with you while you do it, we’re just a phone call away! We’re glad to go over your policies with you and make sure they meet your needs.
For more than 35 years, Insurance Partners, Inc., has provided quality protection for individuals, families, and businesses, helping people make sense of their insurance needs so they can look forward to a brighter, more secure future. If you have questions about your insurance coverage, contact us.